Vineyard - Organic Farming
We are paying special attention to the way our vineyards interact with the environment, by keeping the human intervention as low as possible.
- VARIETIES: Chardonnay, Malagouzia, Asyrtiko, Roditis, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon.
- NUTRITION: The most important nutrients are Potassium and Nitrogen. We use a mineral rich in Potassium and Magnesium which is incorporated into the soil in November. We plant legumes (like pea), which have the ability to host symbiotic bacteria on their roots (azotobacter). These absorb the Nitrogen of the atmosphere and then attribute it to the vines.
- WEEDS: We cultivate the soil between the rows of plants with the right tools. Below the rows we use weed whacker or a burner for burning grasses.
- DISEASES - ENEMIES: We mainly use Sulfur, mineral of nature, for the most important disease powdery mildew and usually do a treatment of copper before the flowering of vines for the downy mildew. If it is necessary, we apply a preparation of Bacillus Thuringiensis during the ripening of grapes for vine moth.
- HARVEST: We cut the grapes very early in the morning in small containers and transfer them soon to the Winery.
- SUBPRODUCTS: After the vinification, the skins, stems and seeds return to the vines as nutrients.